Signing the Armed Forces Covenant
C2C are passionate about increasing the number of businesses and organisations signed up to the Armed Forces Covenant. Read on for more information and how to sign up:
The Armed Forces Covenant is a pledge that together we acknowledge and understand that those who serve or have served in the armed forces – and their families – should be treated with fairness and respect in the communities, economy and society they serve with their lives.
Its two principles are that, recognising the unique obligations of, and sacrifices made by, the armed forces:
- Those who serve in the armed forces, whether regular or reserve, those who have served in the past – and their families – should face no disadvantage compared to other citizens in the provision of public and commercial services.
- Special consideration is appropriate in some cases, especially for those who have given most such as the injured and the bereaved.
Employing members of the armed forces community
- Currently serving reserve members of the UK Armed Forces
- Family members of someone serving, or formerly serving, in the UK Armed Forces
- Bereaved family members of someone who died on service in the UK Armed Forces
- Service leavers and veterans of the UK Armed Forces
You can be a forces friendly employer member of the armed forces community, receive awards that recognise your commitment to the covenant, and get help and advice. Follow the link below to find out more about employing members of the armed forces community.